There are thousands of treadmills from different treadmill companies online. Today you are going to read our XTERRA Fitness TR150 Treadmill Black Review. Finding the right treadmill for you is a time consuming and arduous task for you. If you’re looking for good quality, functional, and highly rated entry-level treadmill, the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Treadmill Black is definitely one to put on your list.
Specially designed for the home environment, the XTERRA TR150 Folding Treadmill Black assimilates numerous friendly features that were developed with your performance and convenience in mind. This will help you burn extra calories, increase energy and stamina, and ultimately make you a healthier person.
Useful Technical Details and Specifications
- Assembled Dimensions Long x Weight x Height: 63. 4 x 28. 75 x 51. 4 inches
- Folded Dimensions Long x Weight x Height: 28. 5 x 28. 75 x 61 inches
- Tread belt dimensions: 50L x 16W inches (127L x 40.6W cm)
- Assembled weight: 108 lbs (49 kg)
- Weight capacity: 250 lbs (113.3 kg)
- Motor: 2.25 HP, 0.5-10 MPH
- Incline: Manual, 3 levels
- Type of Deck cushioning: XTRASoft
- Console: 12 programs
- Extras: Tablet holder, accessory holders
- Warranty: Lifetime Frame / Motor 1 year / Parts 90 days / Labor 90 days
The XTERRA TR150 appears with a 5-inch LCD display that helps you monitor your workout progress with speed, distance covered, total time, calorie burn, and pulse rate indicators. To achieve your fitness goals, The pulse grips on the left and right side of the treadmill handles help you monitor the intensity of the workout. The TR150 is loaded with 12 preset workout programs that vary in level of intensity. From low-risk physical exercise, you can configure programs for more intense ones. The XTERRA TR150 also allows three manual inline settings that can be adjusted in order to serve your workout demands and varies the level of intensity for all workouts. The heart grip pulse sensor helps you monitor your heart rate which is available next to the handlebars.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Treadmill Back Frame and Deck
As XTERRA Fitness TR150 frame is made to steel tubing so it’s pretty durable. The only ABS parts in its construction are the side rail covers, the motor cover, and the console dashboard. That being said, the machine can support up to 250 pounds (113.3 kg).
The only black color is available for this treadmill. All steel parts in the frame ingredient a corrosion-resistant paint finish. The XTERRA TR50 is not too large like a commercial treadmill. For all that, it’s 161 cm (63.4″) long, and 73 cm (28.75″) width and also, it is suggested to leave at least two feet of clearance on each side, a minimum one feet of clearance at the front, and a minimum three at the back for secure action. It is said that it does not fit well in the small room.Another side, the unit features a folding design. Its deck can be folded, and the footprint of the deck is long enough 29 ″ D x 28.75 W (74 x 73 cm).
It’s fairly heavy in the whole unit. It weighs around 108 lbs (49 kg). However, its font base equipped with a set of transport wheels. So, moving the treadmill, once you finish your workout, should not be too difficult because you are not managing more than 35% -40% of its total weight.
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 is provided a running surface of 50″L x 16″W (127 x 40.6 cm). It equipped with a heavy-duty, non-slip rubber belt. That being said, it is a treadmill made for running and jogging, even though it provides the highest 10 MPH running speed. Anyone taller than 6’0 ″ (183 cm) will find this moving surface a little shorter to complete and satisfy. But it is enough for walking and light jogging.
Construction and Motor
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 can support a weight of 108 pounds and a maximum of 250 pounds. Most treadmills on other budgets weigh 220 pounds. This XTERRA Fitness TR150 gives more benefits to overweight users than contemporaries.
The XTERRA TR150 is equipped with a 2.25 HP motor which is very quiet. You can watch TV at a normal sound. While it is not a super powerful motor, it can still withstand prolonged jogging or running sessions at full speed. It is also equipped with a small flywheel that stabilizes the rotation speed, making the movement of the belt more smooth.
The motor runs on the lowest electricity, which means your energy bills will not be imprinted on the roof while increasing your consistent usage. This makes it a prudent choice for someone who is not willing to spend extra money.
The machine console provides several programs; If you choose to practice through one of these programs, the treadmill automatically adjusts the belt speed according to each category of workout used.
Generally, there would be a sound connection to any motor at a speed, but for a treadmill, it is relatively quiet. You can describe it as similar to any hover, washing machine or similar equipment at home.
It has limitations like it does not have Bluetooth and not compatible with online fitness apps. But the console of the XTERRA TR150 does have quite a few features to keep you motivated. It has an LCD display with pretty large, easy to read digits, which track distance, speed, calories, time, and pulse.
Only English settings for distance (miles) and speed (MPH). However, the distance traveled will also be displayed as a race track on the left side of the screen.
This feature calculates the number of laps you have completed, each lap 1/4 mile.
- Fitted wheels for easy transportation
- XTRAsoft cushioning helps impact injuries from occurring
- Manual incline with 3 levels of adjustment
- Speed settings up to 10 MPH
- Speed adjustment increments of 0.1 MPH, giving you the possibility to find the perfect pace for your workout
- Quick keys for speed adjustment for the 1-9 speed settings;
- Low electricity use
- Convenient accessory trays built on the dashboard
- Tablet holder included (you can enjoy music video)
- 12 preset workout programs
- Sturdy construction for a walking treadmill (can hold users up to 250 lbs)
- Track function for a distance which counts the laps you have completed
- Pulse reading function
- Instructions were clear and concise
- Little maintenance required
- Folding deck – good for storing in small spaces
- Folding deck, space-saving design
- No facility to add any heart reading systems, like POLAR or chest strap readings transmitters
- It has no USB port or inbuilt cooling fan.
- No backlight on the console
- No Bluetooth facility, or any other way to hook up to any other mobile phone fitness apps
- The calories reading isn’t too accurate
So there you go.How was the XTERRA Fitness TR150 Treadmill Black Review? the Xterra Fitness TR5050 folding treadmill is a good entry-level cost-effective machine for running, jogging, and is one of the best in its price range. And for anyone looking for a basic home treadmill to start with, this model can’t be beaten for the price. The power of the motor installation is 2.25 HP, which is not fast enough to run heavy-duty running but above average for an exercise machine of this price. you can get a speed of 10mph which will be sufficient for most runners.
Just check out the Xterra Fitness TR150 reviews on Amazon and you’ll see that most people agree with us. This is a good basic model for home use and if you can do without any decent tendency, 10mph max speed should be more than enough for most runners. In our point of view, this is an entry-level model so it is probably more suitable for beginner or intermediate runners.
Bottom line is that it is a great product for the price, sturdy and well constructed.
This ANCHEER 3.25HP Folding Treadmill Review article is our special one. Check that out!